Refreshing frozen berry drink with Bacardi Razz, or I should say semi frozen since it should have a “slushy” consitency. I call it Berry Fuze and it’s a sweet and tart drink with intense flavor perfect for a hot summer day. It really is delicious and even though you can make it with frozen berries, it’s incomparable to the taste when using ripe fresh berries that are in season. I developed this recipe for a yearly drink competition that some friends and family of mine used to have. We all made two drinks each and then we tasted and graded the creations. I was really happy that this particular drink got the highest grades and won so of course I’m sharing it with you. If you want to make a virgin Berry fuze just exclude the Bacardi Razz.
A few tips to think about is that since this recipes base contains mostly fresh natural ingredients it’s important to taste it. The tartness of a lime can vary a lot depending on how ripe it is. And of course the berries can vary as well, from tart to packed with flavour and sweetness. In this recipe the berries should be the latter otherwise the taste will be bland and you’d have to add some sweetener. The recipe below makes one serving and doesn’t include any garnish but I like to make a fruit and berry skewer and add on top.
4 cl Bacardi razz
Lime zest (Organic)
20 cl Lime juice
10 fresh Raspberries
5 large fresh Strawberries
6 sweet Cherries
A handful of Moroccan mint leaves
Some sugar if needed
- Rinse the berries and remove the pits from the cherries as well as the green parts from the strawberries.
- Put the berries in a freezer-safe container preferably one that you can put a lid on. Mix the berries with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add zest from a Lime (I like a lot of lime flavor and use the zest from about half of a large Lime) using a fine grater.
- Continue and add the Lime juice and rinsed mint leaves next, then mix slightly again with the hand blender.
- Finally add the Bacardi Razz and stir well.
- Put on the lid and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours, but take it out and stir once in a while.
- Lastly pour it into a glass (it should be a slushy consistency), top off with Sprite and stir it once more.
- Taste if it needs more Sprite, any sweetener or maybe one more splash of Lime juice.
- Lastly serve, preferably with a berry skewer.
If you want to make a quick and easy version of this refreshing frozen berry drink without the need of a hand blender. Then you can use a store bought berry sherbet that you like and finely chop the mint leaves instead.