Here’s my best Chicken recipe ever, so let me tell you more about it. Seared boneless chicken thighs with lots of garlic, a thick and creamy sauce, crispy bacon, mushrooms and leeks. I have made this dish for many occasions and it has been a real crowd pleaser, among both kids and adults. Most often I serve it with rice and a salad, but you can serve it with whatever you prefer.
I like to top it off with shredded mature cheese and pop it in the oven until the cheese has become golden brown, as described in the recipe below. Because who doesn’t love cheese. But, you can skip that step and use it as is, why not as a pasta sauce for instance. I’d say that his recipe gives 6-8 servings depending on the portion size and what you serve it with.
Butter for frying
1 kg boneless chicken thighs cut into strips
280 g bacon
1-2 leeks (the white part and the healthy looking green parts )
300 g Cremini mushrooms
4 pressed cloves of garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1 tbsp of hot water
5 dl heavy cream
1 tbsp Chinese soy sauce
100g shredded mature cheese (I use a local kind called Västerbottenost)
0.5 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and then begin to clean and slice the leek and mushrooms.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces as well and fry these on medium heat until they start to brown and become crispy. Place the bacon on a plate, but leave the bacon fat in the frying pan.
- Fry the mushroom slices in the bacon fat until golden brown on all sides and then put aside.
- Continue in the same manner with the leeks, but they should just get browned before you put them aside. That is so they don’t get overcooked while in the oven later.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper to pan. Reduce heat to medium, and stir regularly until golden brown on the surface and cooked right through.
- Now add the garlic and stir until it starts to turn golden and then immediately add the dissolved bouillon cube, the soy sauce and the heavy cream. Give it a stir so that it’s well mixed and bring it to a boil.
- It’s now time to add the bacon, mushrooms and leeks. Mix it together well and then pour it into a baking dish.
- Add the shredded cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and is beginning to develop a golden brown color.
- My best Chicken recipe ever is then ready to be enjoyed. And as mentioned, I recommend serving it with Jasmine rice and a salad.
Take your time while frying the ingredients, so that they really turn golden brown. I can’t emphasize this enough, because it really is the key to getting the right flavor. So if you’re tempted to rush it, don’t. You will be glad that you didn’t when you taste the end result, and it’s definitely a part of what makes it the best chicken recipe ever!
Prepare the dish in advance
I sometimes prepare this dish in advance, so that I only have to add the cheese and oven bake it when it’s time for dinner. It’s perfect for when you have guests coming over or if you want to be able do make the dinner in a short amount of time when you get home from work.
And speaking of preparations, if you also want to have a dessert ready to serve, ice cream is a great option. If you were looking for just that? Then do do check out my Oreo cookie no-churn ice cream. It’s one of my (many) favorites among ice cream.